Wednesday 15 June 2016

Blyth to Amble - 7th June 2016

An amble to Amble today. Leaving at 1115 and arriving at 1515, just 16 miles.
 
Thunder storm clouds gathering
To enter Able you have to almost circumnavigate the island
 


Captain checking on Amble -  Are there beaches?
Amble entrance
 

The issue of the fuel filter has been on my mind for the past couple of days since I found my Heath Robinson repair was leaking slightly and I didn't feel comfortable or confident about it. While in Blyth one of those coincidences happened. I forgot the gate number to get back in the Marina. The guy I asked to let me in just happened to work for Amble Boat Company and I asked him if they had fuel filters. To my delight he thought they did. So first... thing this morning I phoned the company and was told they had two in stock but he was not sure they were the right size. 

So choice for today's voyage Amble not Eyemouth. Amble is tidal and I could get in until three so I slowly pottered up the coast the 16 miles admiring the coast line and bird life. On arrival it was a rush as they closed at 4.30. So I undid the stud to take along to check the size. I'm very pleased to say it fitted so back to the boat with new filter in hand. Within 1/2 the old filter assembly was off and the new one fitted, engine run up. And relax!

The old offending leaking bolt
Brand new filter assembly
Glad I had the sealant on board to seal all the joints

New filter fitted and working

In the evening I had a walk round the village and here are some photos of the idyllic little spot.

Castle up the river
The local design of boat
 

No comments:

Post a Comment